Many people choose to make funeral and burial arrangements for themselves in advance. Advanced Planning (pre-planning, pre-arrangement), allows YOU to determine how your final arrangements will be carried out, thus reducing family concerns down the road. When you preplan, you have as much time as you need to make well-informed decisions, and to talk about these decisions with your family. In addition, advance planning can offer valuable financial benefits.
In September 2012 it came to light that one of our state funeral directors association, Wisconsin Funeral Directors Association, had mismanaged their Master Funeral Trust funds. It is important to note that our funeral homes have not been members of this association for over 16 years, nor have we ever invested funeral trust monies into this fund.
When you entrust funeral trust funds with us, they are invested with Physicians Mutual, one of the strongest insurance companies in the nation.
In May of 2012, WFRV aired a news story that explained the benefits of Advance Planning. You can view the story here.
When you pre-arrange for yourself, you are able to personally choose the service options most applicable to you. One of our Advance Planners will be happy to visit your home at your request. Or, you can stop by our facilities at anytime. Together, we’ll determine your specific needs, discuss your service and funding options, and handle the necessary paperwork.
To request more information regarding Advance Planning, or to begin the preplanning process, please call us at (920) 739-1231 or email at . Or, you can complete our easy On-line Advance Planning Form now.
Benefits of Advance Planning
- More Time to Consider Your Options – You and your family will have time to research your options and make well-informed decisions, without feeling rushed.
- A Sense of Accomplishment – You’ll feel good knowing that these arrangements have been taken care of.
- Fewer Family Concerns - Your surviving family members will have less to worry about in the event of your death.
- The Option to Prepay – When you prepay, you can guarantee today’s prices. Our Advance Planner will explain each payment method and funding option available, and will help you make a decision that best suits you and your family. These funds are invested with the most highly rated preneed insurance company in the nation, Physicians Mutual.
- Save the Amount You Need – Once you gain an understanding of all the costs involved, you can earmark a portion of your savings to cover those costs
- Fewer Last-minute Expenses – When you plan in advance, your family is less likely to incur additional expenses at the time of the funeral.
Frequently Asked Questions About Advance Planning